When websites became popular for businesses, it was usually fine to have something with your company information, products and services and contact info but as times have changed over the years, your website needs to do a lot more than just provide information.
As of March 2012, there are 644,275,754 websites in the world, according to a Netcraft survey and the Internet is still growing. With so many websites to compete with, yours needs to be a place where people get the chance to build a relationship with your brand, a place that turns into a super digital salesperson for your brand.
Here is the top 7 signs that your website is in need of a new look: –
- You’re Not Getting the Results You Expect: If your website isn’t attracting the right audience and helping you convert visitors to customers and/or enticing customers and potential customers to come back after the first visit, it’s time to consider an overhaul of your website. It may be you require a few simple tweaks or you need to look at a full redesign.
- Your Website Isn’t Responsive: More and more people are conducting a great deal of their web searches on their mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Your website should be viewable across all devices. If a mobile user can’t view your website conveniently, it won’t take them long to click off and find another company with a responsive website.
- It Looks Dated: When was the last time you did a major update on your website? Is the design clunky and hard on the eyes? Does it have a lot of flashing images that confuse visitors? Do visitors have to click-through ten different levels to get to the information they require? Your website is reminiscent of the 90s and you may want to consider bringing it into the millennium with a fresh outlook to display your new products and services and provide an engaging platform for visitors.
- It Doesn’t Represent Your Brand: If you are planning to upgrade or redo a significant aspect of your company such as a logo or brochure or refocusing your message, the website needs to follow as well. Not just adding the new logo to the website but revamping the website look and feel to match the new design and colours. Inconsistent aspects of your branding can create confusion for your visitors and cause them to lose interest.
- Your Search Engine Ranking is Falling: Your website ranking on sites like Google seems to be falling everyday. Possible causes could be aspects of your website design, content is no longer search engine optimised or something that was ok previously has been penalised by Google. In order to increase your search engine rankings, you may want to take a look at the overall design and content of your website.
- It Takes Forever to Make Changes: If you have to send repeated emails to the IT dept. and wait days just to make a simple update on your website, it might be time for an upgrade. Content management systems (CMS) make it easy to make basics changes without having to send out emails. There are several CMS out there, which you can utilise for your upgrade.
- Slow Load Times: If it takes your website longer than a few seconds to load, you are running the risk of losing visitors. People are busy and in a hurry and won’t have patience for a website that is too slow. If your website load time is too long, it’s time for an upgrade.
So do you think you’re ready for a new website or an upgrade at the least? Have a look at LFMC’s website design and development options and let us know if we can help you get your message across to your customer.
If you have enjoyed this article, don’t forget to sign up below to receive marketing communications and project management tips and article updates :).