Have you ever been approached by a company offering website design services and guaranteed first page rankings on Google for next to nothing? Giving these kind of offers a go seem cost-effective initially but in the long run, they will end up costing your company much more and the devil is in the tiny details known as the fine print, which are never pointed out to you upfront. A cross-section of these tiny details include:
- Extra fee to make changes after one concept design is delivered.
- Extra fee to make updates on your website in future.
- Extra fee for additional pages beyond the standard pages.
- Extra fee for any special requirements outside basic design.
- Mandatory commitment to the company for a set amount of time ensuring you’re at their mercy.
- Deadlines on the next to nothing offer creating a sense of urgency, which could cloud your judgment.
- Extra fee for hosting, copywriting, images etc.
Let’s do some math. If a basic site is offered for AED 3, 000, all the additional things listed above could cost anything from AED 1, 000 – over AED 5, 000. Your budget web design project is suddenly approaching over AED 10, 000 and counting depending on how many concepts, changes and other updates you require on your website.
In order to stay within the AED 3,000 basic fee, you could end up with an elementary website that is pretty useless for your business in terms of branding, visitors experience and potential for future growth. And the worst part is you likely will not get proper customer support after the website is delivered because the company will have moved on to the next customer.
In the end, you get what you pay for and a website that represents your business isn’t the place where you want to skimp. Spend a little more for an expert who knows what they’re doing, is upfront about all charges and provides you an all-inclusive fee that’s made allowances for the likely requirements along the way based on experience.
For a website that gets your message and brand across, look to web developers who are committed to delivering excellent results backed by long-term support. Feel free to have a look at our Web Development Services. We provide upfront information and no hidden fees.
If you have enjoyed this article, don’t forget to sign up below to receive marketing communications and project management tips and article updates.